About Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
Connecticut’s newest stadium, Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field is the perfect setting for your next concert, corporate function, conference, banquet or special event. With 38,000 seats, the stadium serves as the home field of UConn football and has hosted a wide variety of other athletic, cultural and civic events, including international soccer, rugby, lacrosse and major concerts, including The Rolling Stones, Bruce Springsteen and The Police. Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field, named for Pratt & Whitney aircraft founder Frederick Rentschler, is built on a former airfield donated by Pratt’s parent company, United Technologies, to the State of Connecticut.
Seating Configurations & Capabilities
- Football: 38,066
- West End Stage: 34,000
- 635 seats
- 325 seat function room with upholstered seats
- 38 Executive Suites with upholstered seats
Specifications & Services
- Kentucky Blue Grass natural playing surface
- Maximum width: 286’
- Maximum length: 435’
- Needs to be generated from outside sources
- PA announcing – sportscaster dual purpose headset for communication between internal intercom and house public address systems.
- Patching – ability to patch outside system accessing house public address and delay speaker system.
Wireless Microphone System
- Videoboard capable of DVD and production performances DAKTRONICS Large Screen Video Matrix board, 24FT x 32FT in size
- Four Locker Rooms – Dressing Rooms